Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
July 2017 ~ Archival of WFS Public Forums (18 Jul 2017)

Archival & restoration complete!
After two weeks of intense attention these forums are restored and my job is done, only two days late.
New moderators and admin will be introduced after this years General Assembly.

Members are encouraged to attend WFS General Meeting 2017.
Contact and Linking information available on wfs.me

96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?

• Pete
  • Slightly Retired
  • Slightly Retired
  • Verba movent, exempla trahunt
More
8 years 8 months ago #18639 by Pete
Pete replied the topic: 96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?
Robs latest Video's
[youtube:2537rrme]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" www.youtube.com/v/X8AF6OQUaIw&hl=en&fs=1& "></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" www.youtube.com/v/X8AF6OQUaIw&hl=en&fs=1& " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2537rrme]

Vulturum non capit muscam!

Claimed by the sword and immortalised by the pen.

Slaves speak of freedom like fish do of flying.
More
8 years 8 months ago #18648 by gmiller1
gmiller1 replied the topic: 96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?
Now THATS what I call puttin your money where your mouth is! Thanx Rob for clearing that up! And thank you Peter for the post! I had a feeling Rob would do something like this after the bumpity bump the other day. Its my dog Angus' birthday today and he thanks you too! Now am I correct in assuming that if you have a bunch of these and you accept and deposit them, your utility supplier or whoever issued them will have to credit your account for them all? I think so because if they created all those liabilities then they have provided all those remedies in the form of remittances which they are obliged to honour. We will find out soon cause Im going to run with this one! Thanx again Rob...You the man :mrgreen:
More
8 years 8 months ago #18665 by johninbc
johninbc replied the topic: 96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?
Reading through Rule H-6 I found that there is a specific place for the BC account number. Specifically, it's positions 31 to 19 on the "ON-US" field. (rule H-6, part II, section 2.2(b-ii). It says it's an optional field but I would use it just to be safe. This field lands between the printed numbers and the "96" on the bottom of the remittance, there is a space provided. All these spaces have specific meanings so don't just write on it anywhere.

Peace...
John.
More
8 years 8 months ago #18688 by gmiller1
gmiller1 replied the topic: 96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?
I was reading it last week and thought it said not to mark anything in the mirc field John, I figured only ink containing a certain percentage range of iron oxide and special font only in that area as they go through a magnetic type reader-machine...does anybody know for sure? I have lots of them so I'm not too concerned about experimenting with a couple. I'm going to the bank and telling them what I know and that I'll probably need to speak with the manager as what I plan on doing is unorthodox...what everyone seems to say about a4v is to do it on an angle in the middle part of the instrument above the mirc field in blue ink I think...hmmm maybe I'll make 2 up differently and see what happens... ;)
More
8 years 8 months ago #18790 by freethinker8
freethinker8 replied the topic: 96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?
I'm unable to watch or download the 2nd and 4th "96 is your fix" videos. I just finished the first one and it's frustrating not being able to keep watching.
Looks like it's been removed or too popular or something. Just getting an error.

Can someone please repost it?

Cheers
  • Pete
  • Slightly Retired
  • Slightly Retired
More
8 years 8 months ago #18791 by Pete

More
8 years 8 months ago #18793 by freethinker8
freethinker8 replied the topic: 96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?
It's still giving me an error. I did manage to download a copy via keepvid.com but only after trying many times.
Maybe it's my connection playing up? Wouldn't surprise me.
  • Pete
  • Slightly Retired
  • Slightly Retired
More
8 years 8 months ago #18800 by Pete
Reset your cache. I seem to have no errors from that page, and also direct from mrmitee channel on YouTube.
Would be interested if there are any other issues from other users??
Cheers

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #18878 by Anonymous
Anonymous replied the topic: 96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?
So I've been looking all night in the forum for the definitive way to do this.

Can someone who's done this successfully recap what worked and what didn't?

To whom do I send the remittance? Do I use the enveloppe they send me? Do I send it by registered mail? Do I have to send the statement accepted for value too? (I saw some people claiming you needed to do this). I guess I could take more time to read the whole rule H-6 but I guess they don't spell it that clearly in there either...

On the Quebec birth certificate you have the inscription number which contains numbers close to my date of birth and a Document number on the top-right side like this F0000000-00 , with nothing on the back.

I got tons of remittances to send.
  • Robert Menard
  • Foundation Member
  • Foundation Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #18879 by Robert Menard
Robert Menard replied the topic: 96 at the bottom of billing notices , etc?
Still doing research, but you will likely have to identify it as a consumer purchase and that you realize you are holding a remittance. Imagine you are in a restaurant and when the waitress brings you your bill, it consists of a bill statement she has attached to it a coupon for the exact value of the bill.

I would suggest calling and asking the CPA what their position is and if they wish to dispute the fact that a remittance is a specie of money and suitable for discharge of liability.

Rob
Moderators: UserAbuser
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds